Carmen Aldana (in pink shirt holding her two year old daughter) is beginning her entrepreneurial journey as she sets to open Synchronous Wisdom Living, LLC with the assistance of a working capital loan from The Loan Fund. Her business is primarily a yoga school designed to teach others to become yoga instructors themselves. However, Carmen Aldana has plans for complimentary services such as individual hot yoga classes, rental space for massage therapists, and yoga related merchandise for sale. Furthermore, Carmen Aldana is soon to be an author of a yoga book! Carmen enjoys great support from her family as four generations stand together during the closing with Cathy Sorenson, Loan Officer (black shirt).
- The Loan Fund’s loan portfolio supports over 1,200 New Mexican jobs
- The businesses that we are helping generate over $100 million in revenues annually
- 60%+ of borrowers are minority entrepreneurs
- 45% of borrowers are women entrepreneurs
- A majority of our borrowers are low or moderate income
- The Loan Fund was founded in 1989 by the New Mexico Conference of Churches to help alleviate poverty across New Mexico and has since made over $71 Million in loans
- We are New Mexico’s oldest and most experienced nonprofit community lending organization